Any frequent traveler will tell you that accommodations usually constitute a major chunk of the holiday budget. This means, you will need to spend a considerable part of your holiday planning on getting the best deals on hotels or resorts. But how to get a good deal on hotels and resorts and ensure you donÔÇÖt over pay?
Tips to get the best hotel deals
- Before you book your room, always compare the prices. There are plenty of websites available like Trivago, which help you compare your hotel rooms amenities and prices and get you the best deal.
- Cross-check with the hotelÔÇÖs website to see if they are offering a better deal than the hotel booking sites. You could get lucky!
- Travel during the off-season whenever possible. This will allow you to get the best and lowest rates. For instance, you can visit Dubai in May or September, when the prices are still low. You can also book a room several months in advance to ensure you get lower rates.
- Several websites like FlightCentre.ae offer a hefty discount if you book your flight tickets and hotel rooms together as a package deal. Keep a lookout for such deals; theyÔÇÖre a money-saver.
- If you are frequent traveller then signing up for a hotelÔÇÖs loyalty program is a great bet. Most hotels, like Meydan Hotels, offer rewards to customers who frequent their hotel chains and they guarantee them the best rates.
- Mobile apps can also help you save a lot of money. There are several such apps like Expedia Hotels app which can guarantee you great discounts on hotels, flights and additional benefits.
- A number of websites also offer many discount coupon codes for travellers. These coupon codes also enable availing substantial discounts. One such website is GoIbibo.com.
- Your credit card company may also be offering good deals on flights, hotels, car rentals and more. Do check and benefit.
- If you have zeroed down on a hotel, call them directly and donÔÇÖt hesitate to negotiate. Many-a-time a gentle persuasion can help you get a 10-15% discount on the rack rate.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to make sure you get a good hotel deal the next time you travel. And remember that travelling with a multi-currency travel card which can be loaded on-the-go is a safe, secure and convenient bet. In fact gocash from UAE Exchange even gives you free insurance. Now thatÔÇÖs what weÔÇÖre talking about, check before you trek. You never know where the next great deal is going to come from.