Celebrate Life ÔÇô The Two Magic Words!
All of us have a favourite month of the year. It could either be because our birthday or anniversary falls on that month or because it has the maximum number of public holidays on account of festivals or itÔÇÖs that time of the year when we get to take our long annual vacation. Whatever the reason maybe, we always look forward to that time of the year and as it nears, our excitement also increases. And when it finally arrives, we are full of happiness and we rejoice those moments and wished they lasted a little longer.
Now let me ask you a question, how would it be if you felt that way every day?
You may have two thoughts running in your mind as you read this. Either you are wondering how you can be chirpy always or, you are saying to yourself that itÔÇÖs just not possible even if you wished so. Well all I can say is, it is not as difficult as you think. We all must have surely come across a certain someone, or a bunch of people who are extremely high on energy and positivity. And even if we are grumpy, talking to them for a brief time will elevate our moods instantly. Take kids for instance. Or maybe pets. Children are mostly always happy and so are pets. And however irritated you are, you can never hold on to it for long when a kid smiles at you or when your pet wants to play with you as soon as you reach home.
Both kids and pets celebrate life knowingly or unknowingly. They always have something to look forward to in life be it the doting parent or the regular night walks to the nearby park. And that keeps them happy and productive, and for them every day is a festive day that is to be cherished. So let us try our best in attempting to become a more positive happy person.
Things that you can start doing right away:
- The best jewel that we can adorn ourselves with, and that comes free of cost is a hearty smile. So right after you finish reading this article, look up and smile at whomever you make eye contact with. Even if you are not having a great time at home or work, make sure you wear a smile always!
- On an average, a person has somewhere between 12,000 to 70,000 thoughts a day. And there are broadly two types of thoughts; the dominant thoughts and random thoughts. Make a conscious effort to turn your dominant thoughts into positive ones.
- Pursue a hobby that will take your mind off all the stress. Or indulge in a group activity atleast once a week where you meet new people.
- Identify your fears. They can neither be overcome nor be ignored. Understanding your fear can give you a lot of peace of mind. Hence write down all your fears and understand the root cause of each, so that you know them clearly and will be more aware.
- Throughout the day be thankful for all the small yet significant things that you have been blessed with and that which you have taken for granted all these years. It could be anything from good health to a steady job.
IÔÇÖd like to end it with a quote by Bruce Lee, ÔÇ£If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.ÔÇØÔÇò Bruce Lee. And thereÔÇÖs no better time to start feeling positive and vibrant than now with Christmas and New Year around the corner, so start your celebrations right away and let them continue through out!