Mind You! - 5 Practical Pointers to live here and now!
How often, have you caught your mind drifting to the past or future? While reminiscing moments of the past is good, one cannot live in its glory. And neither is it practically useful to live in the future.
Our lives are nothing but accumulated memories and moments we have acquired over the years. Every day we encounter so many different people and situations which have an impact on us. Most of the times, we let these events hijack our minds from the present.
If you are one of the majority of people who get hijacked often, then your answer to most of the questions in the below quiz, will be a loud “YES”!
- On waking up every day, do you always long for it to be the weekend?
- Has brooding over the past become your hobby?
- Are you constantly mulling over what someone told you when they were angry or upset?
- Is your mind clouded with a myriad of thoughts when you are about to sleep?
- Are you perennially thinking about the future?
If you have been doing one or all of the above, then it’s high time you train your mind to focus and live in the moment. We’ll help you with 6 practical pointers to evoke your attention to the need of the moment.
- Prioritise and act on what is critical at the moment
- Solve one problem at a time
- To build focus, practice slow breathing exercise anywhere possible, through the day
- Listen to gain insight, and not to just reply
- Pause, breathe and respond thoughtfully
Simple isn’t it? Mindfulness is not about hitting the pause button on fun. It’s about fighting distractions to savour the moment and live your life to the fullest. Remember, the body achieves what the mind believes.
Do you have any techniques to be mindful of the present moment?
- UAE Exchange offers free bank transfers in Uganda
- Celebrations, Contests and Community outreach – An update from Uganda
- UAE Exchange spreads Christmas cheer at Sanyu Babies Home at Uganda
- UAE Exchange Uganda celebrated Customer Service Week
- UAE Exchange customer wins MoneyGram’s Grand Getaway first weekly draw